What is Coaching
Coaching focuses on achieving specific goals. It tends to be short term and more goal oriented.
How does coaching differ from therapy
Coaching differs from therapy in its approach. Coaching focuses on the positive aspects of your life and specific ways to achieve a goal. In therapy, you explore why you do things and in coaching you focus on how to accomplish the goal. Coaching does not focus on underlying mental health concerns.
Appropriate candidates for coaching
Appropriate candidates for coaching services have specific goals in mind without underlying mental health concerns.
Examples of coaching goals
- graduating college
- improving leadership skills
- getting a promotion at work
- improving work/life balance
- transitioning to a new life stage
- improving communication skills
- improving relationships with others
- managing a divorce
- developing healthy boundaries in relationships